Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blessing after Blessing...

I stand before the mirror searching my reflection for the color of the day... also known as putting on my make up... Im getting ready for work this morning and I hear a still small voice and a single word.. Blessings.
My sister in law, Yvette, is currently on her maiden mission to Honduras and this was her post this morning on her social website.... "well yesterday was the hardest day for me. Started off amazing bringing VBS to a school down the road. Lots of excited children with smiles on their faces! Then the hard part. We went into the hills to feed the children. That would be their only meal for the day and it made my heart break knowing that I would be going back to our home here to eat two more. They were so independent and helped one another..."
I read this post and stood before the mirror and it all came back to me in a flood of emotions and pictures I cannot explain. I simply said...  literally... out loud... "Show me Lord"
I learn better in pictures and hands on situations and I saw birthday presents, beautifully wrapped and packaged and inside each one was a blessing. Throughout my life what was meant in my story as a trial has been a victory one after the other. I was reminded how each person individually blessed me and encouraged me and how one decision, one single most important decision changed my life forever. I humbled myself to His Word and promises and know His promises for me are true.
The day my husband, Shawn, told me we would be going to Romania as a family. We chose that day to draw a line in the sand and serve the Lord..... we live each day here in America working and serving a purpose with a hearts desire to do one thing... get our feet back on Romanian soil to impact one life at a time. I was overwhelmed with emotions as I thought about my sister in Honduras experiencing this for the first time and I remembered what it was like. I saw the faces that touched my heart in ways I never thought possible. How can you possibly love so much? How can you feel so many emotions at one time? And no this isnt just because I am a woman... I see it in my husbands eyes too. I know from what he has communicated with me how this has deeply changed him .
There isnt a day... not one single DAY that passes by that I dont think of them and miss them all. That I dont lift my eyes upward and whisper prayers of protection and revival in the land, all of HIS land. That I dont think of ways to get back to them so I can be with them and learn from them. Do you get that? I want to learn from them. I dont want to go and change them and somehow make them more like us...there is so much to gain from being with them and soaking them up! I cannot believe how much one decision has changed my life forever. I have hope in being with them... peace being with them and overwhelming LOVE and JOY! I am comforted in every aspect of my life that going to Romania is the absolute right thing to do. The right place to be and I long to be with them the moment I leave them. We chose to serve HIM and have been abundantly blessed and changed forever. My heart desires Gods will for my life... one step at a time and wherever He has my feet firmly planted or gently placed.
It takes one simple decision.... to follow Him wherever He has you go. Across the street... to a co-worker, mailman, friend or even to a complete stranger. How can you impact someones life? What simple thing or act can you do to help someone, or show someone that you care. You may be the last face or person to interact with them today... will they know they are loved or continue thinking that no one cares?Search your heart for the blessings He has given you .... If you cant see them... Ask Him to show you! I promise you... they are there! My family in Romania, how I love you, each of you and I am grateful for the gift of you.
Father thank you for your companionship and your never ending love. Bless this reader in ways only You can through Your love and mercy. May we follow you into cities and neighborhoods and offices and bless us as we seek to know You more. Change us so we may bring change.. one life at a time and beginning with us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment