Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Go Go Go...

O man we are so OVERSHADOWED! (thanks Alice for reminding me)
for Day 5 we are handling things well. We have had 2 sick children, stressful events and team discussions, that went well and a surprise of cold weather return today. I am so out of my element its not even funny. Today we built walls and nailed wood to the ceiling for the drywall to attach.... and Shelby and Alyx and I swept the whole HOH building for over 5 hours straight. without ONE single complaint! I was so super proud of them... Shawn was busy building walls on the interior and Phil was kicking butt delegating jobs and being the encourager and helping Henry and Mollie build the benches for the villages. Karlann and Nicole helped to nail the strips of wood on the ceiling all by their selves. Later in the day I used my surgical nurse skills and handed them nails and hammers and shims. Im such a girl! Ian was funny. He was standing on the scaffolding and started to walk... he forgot to duck and ran into the concrete beam. "Chicks dig scars!" was all he said. Yea he had a little headache and got to chill a little. he cut his forehead open a little, no problem. HA! goofball....
so we spent the day today working. And we had to eat lunch in the vans cause the wind was blowing and it was an overcast day. really chilly. but overall a nice day. i had gotten so cold to the bone when I got home I took a nice long shower... very hot!
We had dinner and Karlann, Nicole, Mollie and I all went to Kyles home for Mommy Group. It was so nice to see them all again and they are so welcoming. We discussed being a courageous woman of God as well as spending time daily in time with Him. Making it a priority. It was just nice to connect with them once again.
Ian and Elijah and Henry were able to go to a village and play football (soccer) for a few hours. They were so happy to go!
As I am chatting with you the boys are at the table playing cards... and we get to sleep in til 730 tomorrow! What a treat! I think Petry secretly needed time to catch up too! weve actually made him work this trip! Shawn and Petry had a friendly little race. Sort of a 100yd dash the other day.... Ill tell you Shawn beat him! Petry has a different story... :) I see a rematch in the future!
I tell you we are simply on the go go go. It is simmple to be so busy at home whenyou are serving yourself but when you are here and busy serving others I tell you that selfish bone within rears its ugly self. We are such a selfish people. Wanting more of everything including time. But more time for what?
And for WHOM!?
I have been so convicted as I sit here tonight pondering that very question. What am I so busy doing that has kept me from serving HIM to the fullest? I love serving these beautiful people. Encouraging our friends here in Romania to keep it up and keep going strong... but I tell you this is difficult! I once heard anything worth doing isnt easy... although I think the word used was 'aint'. Isnt that so true?
And let me tell you this is worth doing. I am practicing taking my eyes off my circumstances and placing them where they rightfully belong and I find that I am blinking often. I have a lot of circumstances. I am so inadequate for this Mission. I dont swing hammers, dont do drywall and when it comes to working a circular saw.... well can you see that? seriously! but I will sweep for 5 hours... and sweep again the sawdust... and organize tools and pour water for you. I am wondering really WHY was I called here? What am I doing? Its like placing a penguin in the middle of the Sahara... well thats me right now. The penguin... a sparkly one though.
What am I to do? What difference can I make? What is my calling? I know who God is so when can I know who I am? I dont wanna be someone... I just long to be His and to make a difference. And when has that become, just not enough? When I sing those words from casting Crowns, I live my life to serve you Lord. I give my last breath..... I want to mean that with all my heart and all my soul. I dont want to pretend to be something that I am not... I want to be courageous. I want to be bold. I want to be strong in Him.
Lord all I want is to know that I am enough in you and with you and for you. I want so much more of you than I am worthy of and I want to share youwith others tht dont already know you. Help me to see the bigger picture in your focus and with your blessing. Shower your blessing down unpon this land and help us broken vessels make a difference for you. Lord I am reaching out... and I know you will never let me go!

No comments:

Post a Comment