Thursday, October 27, 2011

Who does that?


There are a few things I just dont get..... why butterflies only live such short lives..... Star Wars (really?)... the duckbill platypus (now thats a sense of humor).... and lack of understanding or desire to understand that which is right in front of us! God is the same... yesterday, today and tomorrow!
Mathew Family on a Mission... here we go... Fundraising Season has begun.
Funny thing... I mentioned this to a friend and she actually looked at me like I have three heads (have you gotten that look before?) and she said to me, "Candice has that season ever ended for you?" All I could do was look her in the eyes and think... uhhhh.... (I guess not)
We landed in the USA from Romania planning our next event and havent really stopped since...
We started something and it really hasnt become a "Season" to begin and to end eventually... this has become a way of life for us. WE will keep our heart chasing after Him, the one who sends us.
OUr sponsorship letters are out there... this year we did something a little different. We sat down with a video camera and made a little video request dialog and sent this out with the letters. On the video are some of our favorite pics of our Romanian family members and some great video footage of their laughter included... the Romania kids of Combinot were taught a little English phrase.. Thank you very much... and at the end of the video the kids say thank you in English to our supporters. Its actually pretty fantastic... but my favorite part is when the Mathew Family says thank you in Romanian all together. Theres something about it that tears me up every time... I know the seed of Romania was planted deep within our hearts by HIM and for a purpose and I am savoring all the bits of watching this miracle of love unfold right before my eyes!
So...
Faith Works Photography has been busy with family foto shoots to raise money for Romania. We are in full swing baking Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecakes for a fundraiser.... 14 cheesecakes have left our home so far and we have orders for 11 more! yahoo! For Christmas we are making gingerbread and dark chocolate peppermint cheesecakes... I havent let my family have a single bite! they smell delicious though!
I desire to stand before my LORD and say FATHER I have used every single talent you gave me to bring you GLORY! In you I REST! ahhh what a beautiful thought and mental picture.... for now lets get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment