Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Monday Sarmale!





 
Something about this place.
something about these people.
You cant get enough. They live off hospitality.
Monday was day2 of Easter Celebrations and we went to church and had dinner in the basement again only this time we had Sarmale... our favorite! Well anyone who knows my husband KNOWS he has a healthy appetite. He cant stop eating after just one Sarmale. (cabbage rolls, the best ever) well he ate and ate and then ate some more... Henry states he can eat more than Shawn any day.. well challenge accepted! Shawn ate 17.. and Henry pushed himself to catch up never passing him or beating him. Just a tie! Seriously.... both of them had to rollout of the church! Roll.. hahaha.
we had a breif time of rest after church and then off to Camp bit of Heaven for family picnics and the celebration of the opening of the camp. It was a wonderful night of reconnecting with people I consider family and friends here in Romania. The kids all went their own way... Shawn and Ian played football/soccer and then a "friendly" game of volleyball where our team, AKA David, served well and smoked the other team. Such a friendly family game turned serving overhand... lol!
I need to tell you a story.. Shawn and I and David and Phil were all in the car following Petry to the Camp for the picnic and as we drove throught the Village of Combinot I started to remember some of the faces we have met there. I was so glad to see the gypsy horse and buggy and I started to take pictures of the m riding along the road. I was surprised that the horse was white and was not wearing anything red on the headress. As we pulled closer to pass them on the road I took off my sunglasses to smile and great them with my eyes as we passed and I saw them. My eyes locked with theirs and they recognized me! The gypsy cart was filled with some of the teen age girls that I hhave enjoyed spending time with each year and here I am looking right at them! sadly though/... we kept driving.. I yelled to Shawn STOP STOP that was them!!! I practically hung out of the window waving as I heard her saying "Teacher!" as I drove away. Somehow I was able to tell Shawn who that was as I continued to wave at them as I could see all of their hands waving at me now from behind me and growinf smaller in passing. I wanted Shawn to sstop the car. I wanted to see them and hug them and just spend a short moment with them, instead, we drove away. I cried. No I didnt stop or turn around. We have only driven to the camp a few times and didnt remember all the turns so we couldnt chance losing Petry, although the way he drives he barely noticed we lagged behind contemplating stopping for an impromptu ministry moment. :)
I was crushed... but I was honored at the same time. You see, I drive all over Wisconsin and barely get noticed or recognized. Here in Romania.... I see people all over that I know. That I love. That I really care about and I am miles from home. The community and fellowship here that we have is never to be taken for granted. Something I once shared back home... and Shawn and I are currently rebuilding. It is lonely. we were called to this place. I know it is right. I asked God.. please God show me a little morsel of the fruit we have here as to encourage our friends the Groza's to continue through and also for us Lord that we have something here, that what we are doing is of You. And boy did He ever! He never gives up even when I turn my back and do things my way. His love never runs out like money will... or people walking away because things are just too hard, or even when I have a selfish ambition or bitter heart. He is always available. I am never alone.
We were blessed to be back at Horizon of Hope today. WOW! we touched the walls and floors and stairs. We couldnt believe it was true that the apartment was done! So much fun we had with the construction of those walls while God dealt with the construction of our hearts. It makes me cry now to think of how much I have learned and what God has done with me while being in that place. I always said, "I cant wait fot this place to be done so the real work can begin." But today I realized the change in me! I never want that building to be done. I always want a wall for my husband to build with Phil and a hole for Henry to dig, and something for my kids and I to do together that strengehtens my momma skills and helps them grow in their own faith. working and serving for Him. I hav elearned what it really is like to follow God and follow my husband. Shawn is so respected in that place....  his name brings a smile to everyone  we see because they know how much he loves serving there. It makes me so proud to be married to him when Shawn shakes someones hand and they reply, "Ah yes, Shawn!" and they are smiling. I am learning how to be a better wife and respect my husband and trust his leadership because he draws near to the LORD! It is a beautiful thing and I dont think I have described this very well to you. I wish I could gift you withthe images in my head! May our work never be done!
Today, we also visited Toarcla again. Brenda led the Bible story time again and has really done well.Ian played football with the american vs Romanian game. Shawn was so excited.. he made a goal! This is a big deal because these Romanian kids take to this like Wisconsin loves the Packers! The Americans beat the Romanians for the first time in 3 years!  Kyle made a cake for dinner and it was secretly the celebratory cake for winning the game. Kind of a big deal. LOL
Shelby and I played with the kids... as usual. I didnt want this day to end....











 

No comments:

Post a Comment